Welcome to Pella, Iowa! Whether you’re climbing the corporate ladder, hunting for the perfect space to work remotely, or looking for peace and small-town charm, Pella is the place for you.
The average person will spend 90,000 hours at work over a lifetime. That’s one-third of your life! So, why choose to work in Pella?
Glad you asked.
Pella is home to global manufacturers, entrepreneurial start-ups, retail, restaurants, higher education, healthcare, and many others. Our three largest employers alone currently provide jobs for over 6,000 people, in a wide range of fields and specialties.
Manufacturing, in Pella and the nearby proximity, is a huge part of our local economy. 40.3% of the jobs in Marion County in 2018 (including Pella) were in the manufacturing industry! Pella Corporation and Vermeer Corporation are the largest manufacturers, but we are also home to:
- Precision, Inc., is an employee-owned company, manufacturing conveyor and pulley systems. Precision’s systems are used in package handling, food service, mining, and forestry.
- Lely North America, Inc. manufactures robotic cow milking systems and has been in the US market since its opening of the Pella headquarters (based in the Netherlands).
- LDJ Manufacturing fabricates Thunder Creek Equipment diesel fuel and service trailers.
- Pella Products distributes medical apparel.
- Ring-O-Matic is a supplier of industrial vacuum equipment.
Pella Regional Health Center is a healthcare leader in the area. Additionally, Pella is home to several chiropractors, pharmacies, specialty clinics, veterinary clinics, and more.
For elementary and high-school careers, both Pella Community and Pella Christian school districts are award-winning schools for academics and extracurriculars. Schools are well-supported by the community and by parents, and nearly all of the facilities are either newer or have undergone major renovations in recent years. Districts provide ongoing training and support for their teaching staff. Additionally, Central College provides options for post-secondary education for about 1500 students and employs talented individuals from a variety of fields (professors, marketing, food service, etc.).
While there are many employers in Pella, additional opportunities are just a short drive away. There are over 900 employers in Marion County, including national and global employers in nearby communities. The Des Moines metro area is only 35-45 minutes from Pella, and also offers a large pool of job opportunities. Even in a specialized field, chances are good that you can find a career you will love nearby.
Move to Pella
Download our relocation guide to learn more about life in Pella.