Join us for the Annual Paddle Battle!
The PACE Alliance is hosting the Annual Paddle Battle Race. This homemade raft race will feature teams of local businesses, interns, community organizations, church groups, and groups of friends with the creativity and ingenuity it takes to build a vessel worthy to race! Get your crew together for this exciting family-friendly event at North Overlook Beach on Saturday morning, July 8th. The PACE Paddle Battle is held in conjunction with the Lake Red Rock Balloon Fest weekend!
Fill out the form below to reserve your spot. Each team consists of 2-6 people. The deadline to sign up is June 30, 2023.
Prizes: 1st Place $500; 2nd Place $250; 3rd Place $125; People’s Favorite “Boat” $25
There is no entry fee for this event. Come out and enjoy this fun event!
CHECK OUT THE FUN VIDEO FROM OUR FRIENDS AT CARTHAGE – HERE
Pella Paddle Battle Rules
We promote a safe, family-oriented event. We encourage all participants to act in a responsible sportsman-like manner, obey all safety requirements and raft race rules, assist their fellow rafters when necessary, and above all, enjoy the event. Remember, safety comes first! Watch out for fellow rafters, lend assistance when needed, and have fun.
· All rafts must be of homemade construction. No commercially manufactured hulls are allowed on any raft.
· All entries must be solely human-powered and self-propelled and make use of poles, oars, paddles, paddlewheels, sails, propellers, flippers, etc. or any combination thereof. No motors are allowed.
· All rafts will be inspected prior to launching and may be subject to modification at the discretion of the Paddle Battle Committee.
· A raft’s deck must be securely fastened to a frame and the frame securely fastened to the flotation devices.
· Each entry must be equipped with a suitable towline that is easily accessible.
· Each participant must have a Coast Guard approved life jacket in their possession that should be worn at all times.
· All crew members shall wear sneakers or other appropriate footwear to prevent injuries from submerged sharp objects.
· One safety whistle per boat is required. Only blow in extreme emergency to notify water safety boats.
· Teams are responsible for and required to get their own raft into and out of the water and off the beach directly after the race. No ATVs will be allowed!
· Teams consist of 2-6 participants per raft
· All participants must be 16 years or older
· The event will be held at the North Overlook Beach Saturday, July 8th, 2022
· Registration is at 7 am the morning of the event
· There will be a Water Safety meeting prior to the race start. All participants must attend.
· If rained out, the rain date is the following Saturday, July 15th