You’ve made the decision to move to Pella…now you need the resources to get here and get settled! HelloPella can assist with this stage in your transition, too.
Here are some things to help you get started:
- If you need to find a place to live, there are lots of resources in this section to jump-start your search! If you are still having trouble finding a place, don’t hesitate to contact us, we are happy to help.
- After you’ve secured living space, you’ll need to set up your utilities and get set up with necessary services. Visit the page where the contacts have been compiled conveniently for you.
- If you need a place to store your belongings, a storage unit can help. More information on storage units.
- If you have children, be sure to get them enrolled in school and any other activities needed—see the “Quality Education” section for contacts and more information.
- Looking for a job? Check out these local open positions on our “Job Postings” page.
- Change your mailing address by filling out a form at the post office at 801 Franklin Street or by changing it on the USPS web site.
- Make sure to change your driver’s license information by visiting the Pella Community Center (712 Union St) every Wednesday from 9am-4pm or the DOT office in Knoxville (214 E Main Street).
- For housing, programs, and opportunities for senior residents, please click here.
- For information about low-income housing programs, please contact the Knoxville Housing Agency at 641-828-7371.
- Do you need landscaping assistance? Furniture or furnishings? A plumber or a pharmacy? Check out our PACE Alliance Membership Directory to find local businesses that can help you with other needs and services you may have. If you have other questions not addressed here, please contact Hello Pella by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 641-628-2626, we are here to help!
There is so much more to calling a place home than just living here—you want to put down roots, make connections, and really become part of the community! This section is dedicated to building relationships and getting involved, the opportunities that will make you love it here!
Looking for ways to connect with other people & community? Whether you are new to Pella or have been here awhile, this is a place for you! Join us for a monthly gathering “The Connecting Place” to help get you plugged in. Check out the video invitation below.
An additional resource that is extremely helpful is the PACE Alliance weekly calendar of events that is emailed every Thursday. This contains events, registration dates, and other activities you should know about in the Pella area. E-mail us to subscribe to the e-calendar of events.
Pella is also home to a welcome service called Warm Welcomes to You, which distributes a bag of gifts and discounts from local businesses to new residents. This is a great way to get acquainted with the businesses and services available in the community! To receive your welcome bag, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, visit WarmWelcomesToYou.com/Pella, or call 641-780-9947.